Monday, September 7, 2009

My princess perfect day






PART I
The day my niece Leila was born was such a special day, there was so much
anticipation and excitement about her impeding birth. Leila made me an aunt, made my parents grandparents, and my brothers a father and uncle. I know that she was all my mother and I
could talk about for months leading up to her birth and for months after. It is no excuse but life gets in the way and the addition of my own life altering baby girl but I really haven't made a lot of time for Leila in my life. Leila is now joined by Nathan and Kathryn, and I have wanted to carve out some special time for both Leila and Nathan, Kathryn's a bit to little yet for Aunt Tamara to steal her away from mom and dad. So Leila turned 6 on September 4 plus she is starting kindergarten on Tuesday and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do
something special with her. On Saturday I picked her up and she REALLY wanted to go to build a bear because she had gotten a birthday coupon in the mail. So we went there and she picked out a witch costume for her special stuffed friend at home, she is going to be a witch for Halloween so I am sure they will be a stunning duo.

Then we decided to do a little shopping and headed to the Gap and tried on several outfits. Leila was so excited to pick out clothes and help put together some outfits. Here is want we came up with.

I helped her into her outfits and I told her she was a model. We chose the brown sweater dress with the legging's. Shopping made her work up an appetite for pizza and root beer, or so she said. I think she really just want the root beer and to ride the escalator. After lunch we went to Nordstrom to oggle over the handbags because Leila told me she likes purses neither of us found one we couldn't live without though.

Then it was off to pigtails and crewcuts to get her nails done. I had a really great time and more importantly I think Leila did.

2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Cute Pictures! Leila had a blast. I know how special these little neices and nephews are-- I doted on mine for 10 years before I had my own baby- I think I am still the fun Aunt after kids, but not as fun as I was before I had kids. I know she treasures her time with you- thanks for loving my baby.

Took said...

What a fun way to start school and turn 6! There's nothing quite like a princess day all of your own! Love it! And I'm sure she's now stored some awesome Aunt memories.