Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thanks BOB!

Well awhile back I set out to get Carina on the reading rainbow and chose the Bob books as our navigator. Her reward once she finished the first series of books was to get a pedicure. And she finally got through it, I even made flash cards to make sure that she hadn't just memorized the stories.

It was trying process because I wanted it to be easy for her but she persevered so so did I.

I took her for her pedicure and we really had a good time. She is such a delightful little spa buddy. She got to sit in the special kids pedicure chairs and the nail tech bedazzled her toes with a beautiful design.

We have moved onto the next series of books, she hasn't decide what her reward this time will be. But one thing is for sure since she has the fundamentals down these books are proving to be far less difficult.

I love watching her grow and learn. Last week I watched her, along with her favorite cousins and her aunt and uncle, graduate from preschool and she is so excited to be moving on to kindergarten in the fall. I am not getting on board as quickly but everyday I am working on it.

No comments: