Thursday, October 9, 2008

bad habits

At 2 years old Carina bites her nails AHHHHH This is defiantly not my habit... it is Travis', grandma Sue does it but I am blaming it on Papa. I have been dealing with little flecks of nail all over the driver seat after he has been driving for ten years. He has kept me up with his squeaky chomp chomp on his nails while we are in bed. I hate nail biting, I am sorry but it is a nasty germy habit. There is no way to look self assured and full of confidence when you sheepishly have your fingers in your mouth. Carina is so flexible that she can bite her toenails...I know Travis didn't show her that. I have this image of Travis shaped like a pretzel in excruciating pain.

Anyway there is no way to deal with it...the more attention I draw to it the worse it gets. I guess when she gets older I will introduce her to fabulous manicures with fun colors and nice lotions.

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Nathan is my nail biter- he was about Carina's age when it took off and he was doing in constantly. It hurt espiecally bad because this is my bad habit and I HATE IT and the guilt that I likely showed him how to do it was unbearable(plus I hate to think about where his hands have been! eeew!)! My nails are so weak and brittle they shred and that drives me nuts so I try to trim them myself if I don't have a file, and that never works. But I have wonderfully strong nails when pregnant-one of the only good things about pregnancy. Anyway- once I stopped bringing it up, he stopped on his own. He will fall into it again once in a while when nervous or in an uncomfortable situation. Carina may not be a life long offender- you keep setting the good example momma. :o>